Friday 16 September 2016

Neal's Yard Review: 3 Favourite Cosmetics (Organic Beauty Week)



Au Naturel


I'm not the sort of woman who uses lots of cosmetics. I don't ever wear make-up (in fact I don't even own any). I don't have a problem with it, by which I mean for me it's not a polemical feminist choice not to wear it: it's not a statement as far as I'm concerned, I just can't muster any enthusiasm for it. And besides, I was alway useless when I tried to put it on to go out in my younger days. 


Neal's Yard Organic Skincare

However, I do like good skincare, and I am trying to take better care of my skin as I get older. I've dipped in and out of Neal's Yard products over the years (when I dipped out it was because I could't afford it), but I do have a few favourites amongst their delightful range, so I thought I'd share them with you here, in time for Organic Beauty Week next week- which I am delighted to discover exists: 




What's so great about Organic?


There is a great explanation on the Neal's Yard website, which you can see here- I can't put it any better!


My Three Favourites: 


Rose & Almond Night Cream: this is an intense, nourishing cream which smells heavenly and comes in a delightfully old-fashioned tin tube. It's probably best for drier skin, but I find it absorbs easily enough and makes me feel like I'm really ready for some restorative sleep. 75% organic ingredients, and packed with anti-oxidants and vitamins. 





Wild Rose Hand Cream: 92% organic, this cream again smells divine. It is easy to apply, and is well absorbed whilst leaving your hands delicately scented. Plus, it has really pretty packaging. Perfect to counteract anything strenuous you might do with your hands.




Starflower Cleansing Milk: I'm pretty sure that one of the things I used to love about this cleanser was that it was a splash-off sort of thing. This seems to have disappeared from the instructions for use, however it is still a lovely light cleanser which doesn't leave a residue or let your skin feel overly dry. At 95% organic it is reassuring to know that you don't need man-made synthetic chemicals to leave your skin feeling bright and awake. 





Something for all skin types


Do click the banners to go straight to the Neal'sYard site. With a comprehensive range of products there is bound to be something which smells delicious and suites your skin type. On my list to try is the Palmarosa Purifying Face Mask to tackle congested skin. 

Organic Make-Up


If you are more interested in make-up, you might be interested to know that you can organic too! Click below!



The Down Side


My only comment about ordering from Neal's Yard online would be the over-the-top packaging that everything seems to come in- think huge boxes full of padding, and thermal envelopes. Seriously, is that the most economic and eco-friendly way of sending things...? I wonder.





Incidentally, in case you are wondering, also pictured is the delightful ikat clutch bag that I won from Teixits Vicens, in the instagram competition they ran to showcase items made from their stunning fabrics. Thank you Martina! 

9 comments:

  1. Wow, absolutely fantastic blog. I am very glad to have such useful information. Thanks. For more information visit legal empire for sale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this great post, i find it very interesting and very well thought out and put together. I look forward to reading your work in the future. korean cosmetics wholesale

    ReplyDelete
  3. CBD has an anti-anxiety effect and reduces stress and various phobias. Cbd targets serotonin receptors which helps in increasing the serotonin level which curbs any kind of anxiety and fear in all kinds of organisms and in this case dogs. pure CBD store

    ReplyDelete
  4. The individuals who express that there is a science to inventive healthy skin and forestalling indications of maturing were not simply endeavoring to sound savvy; all phones have fibroblasts...think of it as the system that holds everything set up. donkey milknatural cosmetics de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is Mr Benjamin contact Email details, 247officedept@gmail.com. /  Or Whatsapp +1 989-394-3740 that helped me with loan of 90,000.00 Euros to startup my business and I'm very grateful,It was really hard on me here trying to make a way as a single mother things hasn't be easy with me but with the help of Mr Benjamin put smile on my face as i watch my business growing stronger and expanding as well.I know you may surprise why me putting things like this here but i really have to express my gratitude so anyone seeking for financial help or going through hardship with there business or want to startup business project can see to this and have hope of getting out of the hardship..Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The article looks magnificent, but it would be beneficial if you can share more about the suchlike subjects in the future. Keep posting. order cbd online

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!. cbd deals justcbd

    ReplyDelete